We are hiring!
Now entering our 23rd year, the Nantucket Film Festival is unique among film festivals in its mission to promote the cultural awareness and appreciation of the art of screenwriting in the world of cinema. These days, NFF has become one of the premier destination film festivals in the world. Visitors come from all over to experience our preview screenings, Signature Programs, and stand out hospitality on a magical island rich with history, a friendly atmosphere, and beautiful sandy beaches. In addition to the Festival in June, the organization also produces screenplay competitions, educational programs for teens, and year-round original programming on Nantucket.
NFF is seeking a Production Coordinator to join our festival seasonal team for this years festival. This position functions to help support the Festival's operation and execution in a fast paced, hands on, environment. This position will be full-time starting, June 11 - 27. The Production Coordinator, under the supervision of the Theater Operations and Production Manager will help execute all production and tech needs for the festival. NFF is looking to hire locals to Nantucket for this position.
Start Date: June 11 - 27 (full-time, 40 hrs/week)
Full-time Hours (Starting June 11): 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Must be available for evenings and weekends during the period immediately prior to and during the festival, as needed.
Festival Dates: June 20 - 25, 2018
- Execute and troubleshoot any production or operation need during the festival, under the direction of Theater Operations and Production Manager or the Operations Director.
- Assist in the load in/set-up of all Festival Venues, Signature Programs and Festival parties.
- Assist in the coordination and distribution of all sponsor product throughout the entire festival.
- Organize, maintain, and inventory all production supplies and equipment.
- Build and maintain all venue production kits.
- Oversee the load-in/out of the NFF storage unit/warehouse.
- Install all festival signage at the direction of the Marketing Director. This includes the coordination and construction of all the red carpets/step and repeats during the festival at various locations.
- Provide post-Festival wrap report to supervisor.
- Excellent communications and demonstrates superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and with varying abilities in a fast-pace environment.
- Knowledge of Nantucket community is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google applications (i.e. Excel, and Google Sheets).
- Ability to move or transport boxes and supplies, weighing up to 30 lbs, within the office and island for event needs.
- Must be able to work some late nights and weekends.
- Valid US driver’s license required and must be comfortable driving in Nantucket.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team; is a good self-starter.
- Carpentry knowledge or access to a truck is a plus.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write "Production Coordinator" in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NFF will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.