The Nantucket Film Festival's Colin Stanfield (Executive Director) and Bill Curran (Operations Manager) will be hosting a Screenplay Lunch on Sunday, April 15, providing a snapshot of NFF and its screenwriting mission and discussing the importance of screenwriting in film. Lunch is schedule from 1-3pm, with location details to be announced.
Highlights from this year's Ivy Film Festival will include:
- Opening Night Screening: The Invisible War, Audience Award winner for Best Documentary at this year's Sundance Film Festival and directed by NFF alumni Kirby Dick (Twist of Faith).
- A conversation with award-winning actress Laura Linney (You Can Count on Me, The Savages, Showtime's The Big C), moderated by Lowry Marshall Granoff.
- A conversation with NFF's 2010 Screenwriter Tributee Barry Levinson (pictured above at NFF's Mentor's Brunch), presented by The Creative Coalition's Spotlight Initiative.
- Sneak peek screening of HBO's Girls, presented in person by the show's creator and star Lena Denham (Tiny Furniture).
- Screenings of Sound of My Voice and The Atomic States of America.
- Student Film Screenings throughout the Festival (scroll down for list of films). Update
The Nantucket Film Festival will also be offering a complimentary Day Pass to the winners of Ivy's Screenplay Competition.