Congratulations to our three finalists in Showtime's Tony Cox Episodic Screenplay (30 Minute) Competition:
CASEY CAN'T by KAITLIN FONTANA
A dark comedy about a flawed writer who is blackmailed into managing a hipster music blog by its manchild owner, heir to a porn fortune. It's about being too old for this shit before you’re 40.
SUBSCRIBE NOW by CARRIE MCCROSSEN
Wharton grad Christine finds herself the newbie at a YouTube-like company, tasked with finding and developing new content makers.
WAKE by GREGORY BONSIGNORE
81-year-old Maggie moves from Arizona back to NYC to pick up the life she had left as a young woman.
The winner receives:
- A $1,000 cash prize from the Nantucket Film Festival
- An all-inclusive two-weeks-long writer's retreat on Nantucket in June with the Screenwriter's Colony and NFF
- One-on-one consultation with a Showtime executive
- A VIP week-long Festival Pass to all events
- Participation in our Mentor Brunch during the Festival
- A Showtime-sponsored reception during the Festival in the winners’ honor
- A Custom leather bound copy of the script, courtesy of Showtime
- Print and media coverage
- Name inclusion on Festival program materials as a competition finalist and winner
Stay tuned for the winner, to be announced soon!